Thursday 14 August 2014

Awesome ultra tough carry case for the Blade 350 QX

I needed to buy a carry case for the quad, so did a little research and most were either too bulky or not good enough quality. This was going to be carrying over £600 worth of kit - it needed to be good!


Having found a case to be exactly what I wanted, I managed to strike a deal with the supplier and bought a batch of these ultra protective cases! They are superior in quality to any of the others I have seen - and because I bought in bulk, I can now sell them on eBay at a discount:


The dimensions are 51.5cm x 41.5cm x 20cm. Unlike some of the other cases available, it is within the Easyjet hand luggage allowance and can be stored in the overhead compartment and not thrown around in the hold! (This is of particular benefit to me as I have a friend who lives in Swizerland that I frequently visit)

These cases are awesome! They are made of tough, rugged, durable black plastic, and have four layers of foam of various thickness inside them. Two of the foam sheets are 'egg crate' shaped (see picture) and two are 'pick and pluck' so it is entirely customisable to what you would like to carry with your quadcopter.

I could only work out two layouts for the 'pick and pluck' foam in order to carry the quadcopter and the Transmitter which I will e-mail to anyone who purchases one. The 'pick and pluck' foam squares although attached, can pull out easily with your fingers - so no cutting required. I only have a couple of battery packs at the moment, but will simply remove a few more blocks if I buy any more (plenty of room!). I also use I blue metal lipo charger which easily fits but so does the standard charger.

The Blade 350 QX fits in lengthways with GoPro attached without removing the rotor blades as displayed in the pictures. There is also a layer of regular 'thin' foam sheeting on the bottom underneath the skis, and 'egg crate' type foam on the inside of the lid in the configuration shown. This means none of the quadcopter is in direct contact with the the plastic box for added protection. There are no stickers on the box which could give away what you are carrying. Although there is a small rectangle on the lid for you to add your own if you so wish. Finally there is a dial which you can turn to seal or release the pressure from the box - which is slightly over engineered!!

No comments:

Post a Comment